United Airlines Check-in Process
You can check-in for your United flight using the following options:
- Online Check-In: You can check-in online starting 24 hours and ending 60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
- Mobile Check-In – To receive a mobile boarding pass on your device, you can go for mobile check-in. The check-in starts 24 hours and ends 60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
- Curbside Check-In (at the airport) – At most U.S. airports, you can opt for curbside check-in with United Airlines. You may check-in curbside from 30 minutes to 4 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight.
- Self-Service Kiosk Check-In (airport) – At the airport kiosk, you can check-in from 30 minutes to 3 hours before the scheduled departure time.
- Ticket Counter Check-In – You can check-in at the airport ticket counter from 30 minutes to 3 hours before the scheduled departure time. You will receive a printed boarding pass directly through the ticket counter check-in.
- Voice Check-In – In case, you do not have access to the internet, voice check-in will still allow you quick and smooth check-in for your flight. Those traveling within the U.S. and Canada with not more than 10 people are eligible for voice check-in. Connect to the automated menu and say check-in. You would need to tell the number of bags you want to check-in. At the same time, you would hear your baggage service charges. You can opt either for your boarding documents to be sent on email or to pick them up at an airport kiosk.
For checking in bags and boarding, the minimum time requirements may vary, based on your departure airport and destination. However, it is advisable for you to reach the airport 3 hours before the scheduled departure time for international flights and 90 minutes before the scheduled departure time for domestic flights.
Boarding United Airlines flight
The boarding time closes 15 minutes before the scheduled departure of your flight in case of domestic travel.
When it comes to international traveling, the boarding time closes 30 minutes prior to the departure of your flight.
Please note that some non-U.S. airports close boarding 60 minutes prior to the flight’s departure. You must take note of the boarding timing during the time of check-in. Boarding time is also printed on your boarding pass.