United Airlines Change Name Policy | Customer Service Number
United Airlines would simply allow you to change the name on your reservation such as a mistake in the name of your spelling or simply a typo made while booking calls for a name alteration. However, the airline would not allow you to transfer your flight ticket in the name of someone else.
United Airlines Name Correction Policy
You shall not be allowed to board a United flight in case your name is misspelled on the ticket. So, United Airlines provide you with the opportunity to make corrections to your name. You are allowed to change your name in the following manners:
- Correction to the first name’s spellings
- Correction to the last name’s spellings
- Change a name from the nickname to a documented name
- Correction to title
- Deleting or adding an initial or middle name
- Correction to the inverted first and last names
Critical Name Corrections
In case of any significant name changes/corrections, the airline will ask for some legal documentation to proceed. The documents may include:
- Divorce Agreement
- Marriage Certificate
- Any government document which carries your former name and the current name.
- Name Affidavit
How can I place a name change request with United Airlines
- You can use the Mileage Plus account for this purpose. Change the name on the Mileage Plus account through the passenger profile.
- You will need to locate and upload the supporting documents to get a significant name change.
- To make a change using a name affidavit, you will need to post the document to the official mailing address of the airline.
- Call on United Airlines Customer Support Number to avail the most convenient way to make name corrections. The airline’s representative will ask for your personal details and take the process further.
Once the changes are made, you will receive a confirmation at your registered email address.
United Airlines Name Correction Fee
Catch the error in the first 24 hours of your ticket reservation to make name corrections to your ticket for free or at a very nominal rate. This is the reason that you must always review your confirmations during or immediately after the purchase. Later, the name correction fee can go up to $200.
In some cases, the booking may even need to be canceled and then rebooked.