United Airlines Cancellation & Refund Policy
Cancelation & Refund Policy
On booking a flight with United Airlines, you are allowed to cancel your flight ticket up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight. On making cancelation, the airline will refund your purchase. However, United Airlines may keep 10% of the fare or charge a cancelation fee, depending on the type of the ticket.
Terms and Conditions of Cancelation & Refund Policy of United
- The airline offers a 24-hour flexible booking policy which means if your ticket was purchased through the official website of United, and you completed the purchase one week or more before the originally scheduled departure flight, it may be eligible for a waiver of change or cancelation fees.
- Cancelation is only possible on refundable tickets. You can go to the “Manage Reservations” page to cancel your reservations and get a refund.
- Basic Economy tickets are eligible for a full refund when canceled within 24 hours of booking, provided you have purchased the ticket one week or more before the scheduled departure of the flight.
- A refund may be requested on any fare that allows refunds.
- Based on the rules of the fare purchased, a cancelation fee may apply.
- In the case of a non-refundable ticket, it is not eligible for a voluntary refund.
- The amount that will be refunded will depend on different variables time of cancelation, if the ticket is partially traveled, and the rules of the ticket purchased.
- Non-refundable tickets can qualify for a refund under unfortunate circumstances such as the death of a traveler or their immediate family member, or certain health-related issues.
- All refunds will be processed within 20 business days of the request.
- Credit Card refund will be processed within 7 business days of the request.
- Your refund amount will be credited back to your original form of payment.
How to cancel the flight or ask for a refund?
To cancel a flight open the manage reservations page, find your flight booking by typing in your confirmation number and the last name on the reservation, and follow all the instructions to cancel your ticket.
Go through the following steps to ask for a refund with United Airlines:
- Visit the refund page.
- Fill in your personal information in the request a refund field.
- Add your flight details.
- Explain the reason for your refund request.
- Provide your email address.
- Click submit.
In case, you are not able to cancel your ticket or ask for a refund online, place a call to the airline’s contact support number to find the assistance of United’s representative for the same.